How to safely allow visitors to your hospital in a COVID-exposed world (sixth of a seven-part series)
by Andrew Jones
The benefits of an effective visitor management system
A visitor management system should tell you who has permission to be in your facility and who does not.
A good VMS, in support of your visitor policies:
- Requires visitors to check in at the front desk
- Allows the front desk to authorize visits (and to refuse them)
- Helps staff to identify and assist strangers in the halls
- Keeps a record of who visited whom, and when, in case of an incident and for contact tracing
- Assures building occupants that a security procedure is in place and gives them the confidence that they can work, be treated, and visit in a safe environment
- Helps you comply with guidelines recommended for safety and privacy by the leading health organizations, as well as improve your hospital safety grade
- Lets you know who is in the building at all times, especially for emergency evacuations
- Shows that visitor management is among the most affordable, easiest, and quickest ways to improve your security
(Next: Part Seven — Manage your points of entry and badge every visitor. Download our complete guide to safely allowing visitors.)
Want the latest, best security practices delivered straight to your inbox? Click the "Subscribe to the Blog" button (on the left side navigation).
Posted on 8/11/2020