How eVisitor Software makes Visitor Management easy
by Paul Kazlauskas
“eVisitor” is THRESHOLD's visitor management software that makes it easy to sign in visitors by keyboard or driver's license reader, take a photo, print a badge, keep a visitor log, and issue many different kinds of reports. It is affordably priced with flexible options, so you only buy what you will need. Please see our frequently asked questions below to get yourself better acquainted with the software and its advantages.
What is eVisitor?
eVisitor is a cloud-based Visitor Management System that is robust yet easy to use, flexible, and affordable.
What do I need to run eVisitor?
A windows computer with high-speed internet access is all you need to run eVisitor. It has a small app that connects your computer to our cloud-based system (more info).
How long does it take to get started with eVisitor?
Installation and basic training typically takes less than 30 minutes. Installation, training, and support is provided remotely.
How secure is eVisitor?
- eVisitor is housed at one of the largest data warehouses in the world.
- eVisitor uses 256-bit SSL data encryption technology to move data through the internet. This is the same technology as online banking systems.
- We store as little personal information as possible in eVisitor. For example:
- The driver's license number is encrypted with an irreversible encryption. Not even we can un-encrypt it.
- There are no credit card numbers or other broadly-valuable information stored in the system.
Will eVisitor read a driver's license?
- Yes, eVisitor will read your visitor's information from a driver's license using one our Driver's License Readers. Click here for ID scanners.
- We read driver's licenses that follow the AAMVA standard, which most licenses in the United States do, as well as a number of other countries.
Will eVisitor show a picture of my visitor?
Yes, eVisitor can read a picture from a driver's license or take a current picture from a camera. Reading the picture from a driver's license is usually a lower-quality picture.
Will eVisitor print a visitor badge?
Yes, we have a large variety of badges for eVisitor. See your visitor badge choices.
Will eVisitor remember a returning visitor?
Yes, eVisitor will remember a visitor's Name, Company, Photo and Alert status.
Can I have more than one computer running eVisitor?
Yes, eVisitor supports multiple terminals. You may have as many terminals as you want (more info). They can be located anywhere (next to each other, or in another state). Each sign-in or sign-out terminal requires a software license. You may add eVisitor to a back-office terminal for no additional charge if it is used for reporting and pre-registration only.
What can I customize in eVisitor?
- Visitor Categories
- Hosts (The "Visiting" list)
- Badge layout including photo or no-photo.
- Visitor alerts (flags), Visitor alert notes.
Can I pre-register a visitor?
Yes, the eVisitor attendant can pre-register a visitor into the system for a future visit. Employees can email the eVisitor attendant with pre-registration requests. You can pre-print the badges and just scan the visitor in when they arrive.
What kind of reports can I get?
eVisitor provides flexible reporting options. The four basic report layouts which can be filtered for a specific date-range include:
- Visitors Log - of all visitors or a single type of visitor.
- Single visitors detail
- Evacuation list
- Flagged visitors list
Posted on 5/11/2020