Primera printer settings
Primera LX 400
- Note: DON'T load the software from the enclosed CD. It has unnecessary software.
- Get the Primera LX400 PC Printer Driver: (click here for ver 1.35)
- Set Printer sensor to 2" - (click here).
- Start, Devices and Printers, r-click on Color Label 400, Printing Preferences
- Set Custom Page Size, Inches.
- 4" badges: Width=245, Height = 385 (width+ moves it down, height+ moves it right)
- 3" badges: Width = 205, Height= 260
- Set Orientation to Landscape
- Set Print Quality to 2 or 3 (start with 2 for speed).
- Set Ink Saturation to between 70% and 90%. Start with 80% and adjust as needed.
- If under "printer properties" there is a button that says "Change Properties", then there is a problem with the driver. It needs to be reinstalled under that account.
- You can try "Print Test Page" to see if windows can access the printer.
- To let all users use the printer: (you must be logged in as admin for the 3rd step)
- C:\Windows\system32\spool, r-click properties on the Printer folder, Security, users=full control
- C:\ProgramData, r-click properties on PTI folder, Security, users=full control
- Start, Control Panel, Devices and Printers, r-click Printer Properties, Security, Everyone= allow all
Primera LX 500
The settings are the same as for the LX 400
The control for the Sensor are moved to another screen