"What visitor information do I need to collect at my school?"
by Paul Kazlauskas
We have been designing and producing visitor badges for thousands of schools across America since 2003. Since our specialty is custom-printed visitor badges, we’ve seen our fair share of custom ideas from school customers. Therefore, we’re ready to help design badge templates for schools whenever they ask “what visitor information should my badge capture?”
Here is a list of information many schools capture with their visitor management system:
- First and last name.
- The time the visitor arrived.
- Who the visitor is there to see.
- The visitor’s authorized destination. This could be a room number, name of a room, department, and/or section of a building.
- The type of visitor. The guest could be designated as a Parent, Vendor, Contractor, Volunteer, or just a general Visitor.
- If the visitor is a vendor, his or her company affiliation.
- Expected duration of the visit.
- A photo of the visitor.
Below is how it might appear on a visitor badge:
A visitor badge from our eVisitorPass software displays many key pieces of information about a visit.
What other types of information should a school capture with their visitor management system? How can school visitor management be improved? Please add your thoughts in the “Comments” section below.
If your school is still in the “research phase” of purchasing a visitor management system, I urge you to read a recent blog post, “6 questions schools should ask before purchasing a Visitor Management System”. Incorporating a visitor management system into a school or school district is a major purchase and the blog post is a must-read before making a decision on the correct system to buy. The story covers questions such as:
- What is the cost to purchase initially – and what is the three year cost of ownership?
- Can I select specific features or do I have to buy the whole package?
- Will the required equipment work with my district’s systems?
- How do background checks work and what information does it tell?
- How much support is needed to keep the system working?
- How is the data in the visitor management system protected?
Threshold by Data Management, Inc. is the maker of eVisitor Software, an affordable, electronic visitor management system that makes it easy for schools to sign in, identify, track, and run reports on visitors. Click the button below for a free demo with one of our consultants.
Posted on 9/27/2018