What visitor information do I need to collect at my office building?
by Paul Kazlauskas
Threshold has been designing and producing visitor badges for companies across America since 2003. Since our specialty is custom-printed visitor badges, we’ve seen our fair share of custom ideas from customers. Therefore, we’re ready to help design badge templates for companies whenever they ask “what visitor information should my badge capture?”
Here is a list of information many companies capture with their visitor management system, followed by how it might appear in a visitor badge:
- First and last name.
- The time the visitor arrived.
- Who the visitor is there to see.
- If the visitor is a vendor, his or her company affiliation.
- The visitor’s destination. This could be a floor number, room number, department, and/or building.
- The type of visitor. The guest could be designated as Family, Vendor, Contractor, Volunteer, or just a general Visitor.
- Their expected duration of visit.
- A photo of the visitor.
A typical badge from our eVisitorPass software displays many key pieces of information about a visit.
What other types of information should a company capture with their visitor management system? How can visitor management be improved? Please add your thoughts in the “Comments” section below.
Threshold by Data Management, Inc. is the maker of eVisitorPass, an affordable, electronic Visitor Management System that makes it easy for companies to log, identify, track, and run reports on visitors. Click the button below for a free demo with one of our consultants. Also, feel free to request your copy of our free “Guide to Choosing a Visitor Management System”.
Our visitor badges “VOID” overnight to prevent reuse.
See them for yourself — request free samples!
Posted on 7/9/2018